Monday, January 11, 2010

A Love Letter to my Beloved

Dear Beloved--

Another week past and yet I'm a different person than I was a week ago. Not that there has been significant or brilliant change. It's more like baby steps.
But as long as they are steps towards You And not away from You, I'm content.

You, my God, are good beyond comparison.
You meet me where I'm at and willingly take me by the hand.

This week I saw You in the morning, with the dawning of a new day.
I saw You in the evening, as you sustained me for all I needed to do.
I saw You through laughter and fellowship with friends.
I saw You through others worshipping You.

These baby steps may not be huge or noteworthy in many people's eyes
But I see You more clearly today than I did seven days ago. And I hear You more clearly having spent consistent time in Your presense; Tuning my ears to hear Your still small voice.
And hearing You, causes my heart to sing.

I remain,
Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment