Friday, January 1, 2010

Introduction

I have been a Christian for 25 years. At the moment, that number brings grief only because in examining my relationship with God, I find myself lacking.

In the Bible, we are considered the bride of Christ and He is our bridegroom. "As a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you" (Isaiah 62:5). In light of that analogy, I would have to say that my marriage to God is stagnant. We've been married 25 years...I don't find Him as exciting as I used to. Sure, He's important to me and I think of Him here and there. But in general, it's closer to two acquaintences living together.

We gone through ups and downs...no wait!...I've gone through ups and downs in our relationship but He has been ever faithful to me and our vows. I don't deserve Him but am so thankful He is mine. All I know, is that I don't want to spend the next 25 years with my Groom and still feeling complacent.

He waits patiently, each day, just to hear my voice and to share Himself with me. I only need to be open and respond to Him. So the goal of this journey is just that. To open myself to His presense, to spend more time talking and listening to Him, and allowing Him to flood my heart with love and joy...the kind of love and joy a blushing bride feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment