Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Love Letter to my Beloved

My Beloved--

I know this isn't the usual type of note that I have written in the past but variety is okay, right? The point of this blog is for me to intentionally connect with you...to share my heart with you and to hear yours. So despite the different tone of this particular letter, the intention is still there. I want to share my heart...

I know that You are not a doting grandfather in the sky or some magical genie waiting to answer my wishes and whims. But I also know that You have a plan for my life which will include many blessings. Lastly, I also know that You care about the things on my heart.

Beloved, I would love to go to Ambrose University College next year. The new buildings looks amazing and it would be fun to return to my alma mater even though it's moved cities and has changed to be sure. It would be great to be in that environment again but part of me worries that I am just trying to "retreat" to a happier time. I certainly don't want that!

Beloved, I would love to do the whole doctorate program thing but honestly, it scares me a little. Sure, with Your help, I've done well on my Master's degree but I just don't see myself being intellectual enough for a doctorate degree and then even beyond that, to actually teach others. However, I know that if You guide me into this program, there too You will be and You will prepare me for teaching others. The bottom line is that I don't want to walk on this path without first hearing from You.

I know I am prone to thinking and thinking and thinking. I do trust that You will speak and reveal Your will for me when it is time but I just wanted to share these few thoughts with You. Thank You for caring and for loving me. I wait for You!

I remain,
Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment