Monday, August 1, 2011

A Love Letter to my Beloved

My parents chose my name...with much thought and great intention.
They knew it was a name that would shape and identify me.
They knew a name was important and meaningful.

You've given me a name too.
Beloved
Bride
Created
Heir
Daughter
Friend
Names which shape me and identify me, in greater ways than my birth name. Names that speak of and sustain a Hope and a Future. Names that say I am Yours.

It is Your names which enable me to surrender myself to the names You have given me...names that allow for less of me and more of You.
Beloved
Bridegroom
Faithful One
Redeemer
Prince of Peace
Emmanuel
Provider
Your names speak of constancy, endurance, and perfection. Your names speak of love, goodness, and sacrifice. Your names are eternal. They define You better than my names do and, at the same time, seem too inadequate to fully describe You. They are a sliver...a fraction...a piece of all that You are. But just as I am Yours, You have told me that You are mine!

Never do I need to be alone again.
Never do I have to struggle or endure life by myself.
Never do I have to right the wrongs in my own strength.
All that defines You is available to me!
Who am I to deserve all of You?

I remain,
Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment